Where Conservation Meets Adventure
Study Project Aware from home!
- Introduce participants to Project AWARE and its mission.
- Familiarize participants with the 10 Tips for Divers to Protect the Ocean Planet.
- Guide participants toward personal commitments and actions they can take to help the environment.
Participants only need to have an interest in the aquatic environment to enroll. There is no
minimum age or experience requirement.
- 10 Tips for Divers to Protect the Ocean Planet poster and/or handout
- Access to the 10 Tips for Divers to Protect the Ocean Planet pledge and the Ugly Journey of Our Trash resources
To assess knowledge with participants, work through the Take Action Workshops points in each section and then review the Project AWARE Knowledge Review. Encourage participants to use the Knowledge Review as their own plan of action.
Participants receive a PADI Specialty certification card. Students can donate to receive the Project AWARE version of their PADI certification card.
The Project AWARE Specialty course may credit toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating. Divers can also enroll in PADI courses that support Project AWARE’s 10 Tips for Divers to protect the Ocean Planet, such as Peak Performance Buoyancy or the Coral Reef Conservation Specialty. Students can also deepen their commitment to ocean protection with Project AWARE courses such as Dive Against Debris® Specialty and AWARE Shark Conservation Diver Specialty.